Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Barnburners - My Lonely Heart


The Barnburners - My Lonely Heart

This recording was my introduction to The Barnburners of Rancho Santa Margarita, California. I was impressed with their sound and style. Thisc d features some very good musical talent.

They open the cd with a song called the title track My Lonely Heart. This is a nice slow blues number with a nice beat and good harp. Next up is Going To The Big Town, which picks up the pace a little. This is a very danceable tune and well written. Next is Watch Your Back, another great dance tune. I really enjoy the members playing just what is needed. There is no flashy fill here, just great blues that fits the song and great rhythms. The next song is Lucy and is an up-tempo number with great rhythm and some very fine harp playing. Amrap is next and once again shows the great rhythms these guys produce. They next slow it down for a slow blues shuffle called You Ain't Got No Right To Hate Me. I really enjoyed the lyrics and music to this song. This is a new classic blues tune in my opinion. Watering Hole is next and opens with a nice guitar intro and harp over the drums. This is a boogie number that makes you want to move. The cd closes with Manos Vacias (Empty Hands), a song in Spanish. It is a nice boogie number which should appeal to Latinos and anyone who speaks Spanish.

Over all this cd is solid blues. I am impressed with the style and rhythms these guys are able to achieve. The cd is scheduled for release in September 2006 on their own Big Towne Records label.

Visit The Barnburners website at: www.barnburnersblues.com


Get The Barnburners - My Lonely Heart here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3RBGQ3L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home